- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Analyze Jail Facilities and Operations to Improve Staffing Practices
June 11 @ 1:00 PM CDT - 2:00 PM CDT
Analyze Jail Facilities and Operations to Improve Staffing Practices
You may not realize it, but changing how things are accomplished in your jail may have a big impact on staffing needs, demands and budgeting. For example, can adjusting the time your jail serves breakfast help to reduce overtime in your jail? By analyzing the practices, policies and procedures that your jail uses every day, you may realize there is a better way. Join Rod Miller, Jail Staffing Expert, for a live webinar that will take you through the first steps in the staffing analysis process. He’ll show you and your team how to challenge all elements of your jail’s operations, including what is done, how it is accomplished, where it happens, when, and even “if” it should be done.
In this webcast, you will learn:
- Examples of how operational efficiencies have made staffing practices more efficient and more effective in other jails
- How facility design and conditions affect staffing needs—and what you can do about it
- Techniques for analyzing hour-to-hour activity levels
- How to use new tools to illustrate current activity levels and to model potential changes
- Links to information and tools will help you get started analyzing your jail procedures and practices
“This is the fun part of the staffing process– subjecting everything to critical and creative review.”
-Rod Miller, Jail Staffing Expert
Who Should Attend?
- Detention and corrections administrators and managers
- County commissioners and others who have a stake in jail operations and funding
- Contract service providers
- Employee unions, representatives, bargain entities
- Persons involved with scheduling employees
- Persons involved with budgeting
About the Speaker:
Rod Miller, President, CRS Incorporated
Rod Miller founded CRS Inc in 1972 and he has headed the non-profit organization since then. His work has taken him to over 1,400 jails and prisons throughout North America. He has been tapped by several Department of Justice agencies to provide training and technical assistance on many subjects, including staffing, jail operations, programs, jail industries, design, liability and risk management.
Rod is the co-author of the NIC Jail Staffing Analysis books, including the 3rd edition which is currently in final editing. He has provided jail staffing analysis training to dozens of jurisdictions on behalf of NIC. Rod has written many texts on jail planning, design, and programs. Rod’s work has been recognized by the Foundation for the Improvement of Justice (1992), the National Correctional Industries Association (McLaughlin Award 2003), and the American Correctional Association (Dunlap Award – Standards 2010).
About EmLogis: Affordable, Easy-to-Use Automated Employee Scheduling Software for Corrections Facilities.
EmLogis provides an easy-to-use, web-based employee scheduling and workforce management solution that is designed specifically for environments with complex, 24 x 7 x 365 employee scheduling needs and compliance requirements – such as those required in jails, prisons, and other public safety facilities. EmLogis’ easy-to-use, no install, and affordable solutions reduce staffing costs and help to control overtime, ensure compliance, and increase employee satisfaction. To learn about the EmLogis difference see a short video, or schedule a demo.